I won’t say much this week due to being quite tired from competing in Dublin today. So here goes a quick recap of what has happened this week:
- The t-shirts arrived!! woohoo, they have gone down a hit, although I am still waiting on someone I don’t know buying them. Once I start receiving purchases from people I don’t know then I will feel more confident in the product.
- I have had a fair bit of interest in the hoodies and they might skip the line in terms of production if the interest continues to grow, so yeah, it’s a good sign.
- I paid for the rashguards which then takes my costs to over one thousand. Just so you can stay up to date with how I am actually doing this thing!
- I have broken even on my t-shirts in the first week, selling just over half my stock and I am happy about that! it makes the Rashguards way easier to sell knowing that there is a less financial risk. Income is just over £430.00 so, win, win. people are getting the product and I am making something I like. This little project might be on to something.
- It appears that this is the week of opportunities, things are just happening, people are appreciating what I am doing and liking it. So yeah It feels like more and more good things will continually come my way.
- I won my first competition of the year, taking gold today at the Sub Only 3 event (gi). So yeah, amazing day and some great battles on the mats.
- I have added a gallery to the website to interact with my customers and just so people can have a look at what I am doing. Plus it looks pretty cool to have all them photos.
- I have set up a product on the shop part but can only accept orders through email at the moment :(. I will have a shopping cart and PayPal system set up ASAP!!
- I have looked into getting a new laptop so I can do more illustrations and designs. I also need the laptop to upgrade the site but for now, the financing is an issue but I hope to have it by next week!
All in all a great week and I am getting some great feedback, the likes and follows on facebook are ever increasing, nearly hitting 200 likes now! chuffed to bits with that.
I was talking with a friend of mine and he has recommended for the jiu-jitsu side of the blog to put in my perspective as a white belt because there is lots of stuff out there from the top black belts in the world but very little from guys how are 3 to 6 months into doing jiu-jitsu and would like another perspective on how it has been from you, starting jiu-jitsu going on nearly two years ago now.
So that is what I will do each week, have a section of the blog based on my past experiences within jiu-jitsu, things that helped me improve my game and how I approach competitions. Obviously, the stuff I write now and the stuff I will write in say 2 years time will be completely different so this will be a good way for me to engage more jiu-jitsu based topics. It is up to you if you would like to read them or not, you could be a blue, purple, brown or black belt yourself so you could probably bypass that section, or if you wanted to share something, give me some feedback on what I am saying etc… please do. We can all help each other here.
I hope you have all had a great week, I know I have and you are all the best people ever. Nothing but love from you all, next week’s addition will be the first instalment of my BJJ specific section. I will leave you with a nice little Bruce Lee quote that has really helped me put my nerves aside and be present this day –
“Pride is a sense of worth derived from something that is not part of us, while self-esteem derives from the potentialities and achievements of self. We are proud when we identify ourselves with an imaginary self, a leader, a holy cause, a collective body of possessions. There is fear and intolerance in pride; it is insensitive and uncompromising. The less promise and potency in the self, the more imperative is the need for pride. The core of pride is self-rejection.” – Taken from the blog – Great blog, get on it!
What I took away from this quote is that I should stop thinking about the future, all the possibilities, the results, the people, all of it, because it is rejecting me that’s here now, it is getting in the way and I need not worry about any sort of pride in victory or loss, these things are not real, but a figment of my imagination hindering my performance, taking up my energy. It really cleared my head and it was hard but it was made easier by relaxing my mind and the body followed.
Night night folks! – Better post next week, swear!